With yuzu in the season, we got the chance to experiment yuzu with some of our recipes. Not only we tried yuzu juice with oysters, we also made some yuzu cookies with them! The perfect dessert and snack this holiday season, both refreshing and addictive! The moment we started making them, the house is just wafted with the sweet citrusy smell of yuzu. Do give the recipe a go!
The recipe can bake up to 20-25 pieces of cookies depending on the size.
- 1 3/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar/granulated sugar
- 200g of salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons of yuzu juice
- 1/4 of finely chopped yuzu skin
- Mix together the butter, egg yolk and sugar until the mixture is creamy.
- Sift the flour, and then add them to the mixture, with the yuzu juice and yuzu skin, mix well. (Do note that please do not mix it for too long as the biscuit will turn out hard instead of crispy after baking)
- Roll it into a cylindrical shape with cling wrap and freeze the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven at 160 degree celcius and bake the cookies for 14-16 minutes.
- Cool the cookies and serve them with your favorite tea!
- We do realized that the cookie dough will spread quite a bit, so do remember to spread out your cookie dough and give them a bit of space!
- The cookie dough recipe is slightly sticky but it is okay, if you prefer it to be less sticky, do add more flour to even it out.
Check out the yuzu that we have on KODAWARI! Season is ending soon so do give it a try!